January 13, 2010

Churton Park Community Chair To Stand Down

Wellington.scoop.co.nz reported my resignation as President of the local Churton Park Community Association today. 

I have decided not to seek re-election at the CPCA’s AGM in March. My resignation will take effect from the AGM on March 17th.

2010 marks my seventh year on the Community Association since 1997 – including two separate terms as President. I believe now is the right time to stand down.  The CPCA has a strong committee and a good succession plan. I am confident that it will continue to work tirelessly for the interests of the local community.

The CPCA finances are in good shape, we have secured approval for major infrastructure projects. In addition events such as our annual Community Christmas function continue to attract strong local support.

The new Neighbourhood Centre at Lakewood Avenue is scheduled for 2011. The new Westchester Drive extension is also due during 2011 and it will help reduce heavy traffic volumes on local roads as well as provide for future growth.

In addition the Minister of Education, Anne Tolley, has also confirmed the building of a second primary school at Amesbury Drive in Churton Park to be opened in Term 1 2012. This school will at last resolve the ongoing pressure of roll growth by increasing the collective capacity of local schools.

I was recently appointed by the Minister of Education to the Establishment Board of Trustees (EBOT) for the new Amesbury Drive School.  I look forward to seeing Churton Park continue to grow and prosper as part of the wider Wellington region. Building good quality infrastructure – especially in the education sector – will be a critical part of that success.

A new Committee will be elected at the AGM in March.  To the existing Committee I'd like to say thanks for your commitment and support over the last year. It's been a blast.  I wish you well for 2010.

No comments:

Caritas Justice Leadership Days - an inspiring experience

I've just returned from the 2017 Caritas Justice Leadership Day in Wellington.  This year the Wellington JLD was held in Avalon, Lowe...